This is a free online recipe. This recipe deals with the making of Black Beans with Roasted Pepper Salad.
The followings are some of the ingredients:
1 and 1/4 cups of Dry black beans
2 pieces of Yellow bell peppers
2 pieces of Red bell peppers
The followings are the ingredients for the salad dressing:
1 tablespoon of Red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons of Fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon of Sugar
1/2 teaspoon of Ground cumin
1/3 cup of Olive oil
1 large of Garlic clove
1/3 cup of Fresh basil
The followings are the method:
1. Firstly, mince the garlic cloves. Next chop up the scallions into smaller pieces.
2. After that cut the bell peppers into 2 pieces lengthwise. Proceed to remove away its stem and seeds.
3. Take the dry beans and rinse them well in a pot. After that, drain them, followed by adding water to cover the beans by 3″. Let them soak overnight. After that, drain and rinse the soaked beans again. Throw the water away after that.
4. Now, add new fresh water into the pot covering the beans by 3″. Bring them to boil, then loosely cover pot. Let them simmer for about one hour. Do so until the beans become tender but not yet mushy. Add abit of salt.
5. Now, we need to preheat the oven to 450 F. Place cut peppers on broiling pan, 3″ from heat. Turn them frequently until their skins become blackened. After that, let the pepper cool. Proceed tp remove their skins. Cut them into 1″ square pieces.
6. Mix the cut pepper into the serving bowl with the beans.
Now, stir and mix the dressing ingredients thoroughly with the peppers and beans. Lastly, garnish the salad with scallions.